Our client, Outdoor Recreation NI, is a vibrant not-for-profit organisation that delivers projects for a wide range of strategic partners, funders and clients in both Northern Ireland and the Republic of Ireland working toward its vision of ‘a more active and healthy society appreciating the outdoors’.
Due to its continued growth and following a structural review of the organisation, ORNI has created this role of Business Support Manager. You will influence the future direction and delivery of all non-revenue generating operations and systems and ensure they run seamlessly and efficiently. These include, financial management, People and Culture, Facilities/IT, Procurement, Quality Assurance and Innovation Leadership.
- Lead the transformation of ORNI’s Financial Software and Process (Under the mentorship of ORNI Operations Director and support from an external Chartered Accountancy Firm)
- Digitally maintain accurate bookkeeping and payroll records
- Monthly reconciliation of bank accounts and other balance sheet items
- Preparation and submission of quarterly UK VAT returns
- Preparation and submission of bi-monthly ROI VAT returns
- Ensure timely payment from clients and to suppliers
- Preparation and submission of claims to external funders
- Payroll administration for the organisation
- Ensure staff have a safe and appropriate working environment through the management and monitoring of facilities contracts
- Undertake all procurement relating to services required to support the Business Support Team
- Provide quality assurance mentoring and support to the Business Support Officer in order that they deliver outstanding performance, empowering and enabling them to reach their potential.
- Identify, share and effectively roll out new ideas, concepts, techniques, processes and opportunities to ensure ORNI is innovative, contemporary, efficient, and effective. Support the ORNI’s SMT to effectively communicate and roll out these learnings through the Team and organisation as relevant.
You will have the following relevant experience;
- ATI qualified, part ACA qualified or qualified by experience
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in delivering the key responsibilities to a similar scope, scale and complexity as outlined
- Digitally maintaining accurate bookkeeping records
- Preparation and submission of UK VAT returns, and payroll returns
- Cloud accounting software packages (preferably Xero) and related applications
- Digitally maintaining accurate payroll administration including:
- Accurate data input
- Timely submission of information to HMRC
- Providing information to the pension provider
- Competent mentoring and quality assurance skills; including the ability to naturally enthuse and motivate your colleagues and partners
If you are interested in this position and would like further information then please contact the office for a confidential discussion and we can answer and queries and send you an information pack. Alternatively, send your CV using the appropriate method and we will contact you to discuss.