We are currently carrying out the Executive Search for our client InterTrade Ireland, a cross-border trade and development body. They wish to appoint a Director of Innovation and Entrepreneurship to their senior leadership team. InterTrade Ireland aims to support businesses through innovation and trade initiatives to take advantage of opportunities within both North and South of the Border. Helping businesses to improve capability, drive competitiveness, growth and create more jobs.
- Lead the formulation of InterTradeIreland’s innovation and entrepreneurship strategy, in line with InterTradeIreland’s legislative remit and wider government economic and policy objectives in Ireland and Northern Ireland.
- Lead the development, implementation, promotion and scaling of existing and future supports that could be delivered by the organisation maximizing future opportunities and especially within the priority work areas defined in the organisation’s Corporate and Business Plans.
- Ensure effective and efficient delivery of a wide range of supports and associated key performance indicators which make up InterTradeIreland’s innovation and entrepreneurship offerings to ensure the targets set in relation to value and impact are met.
- Lead, develop and empower the Innovation and Entrepreneurship teams through strong leadership and clear objective setting, ensuring delivery of organisational objectives.
- Identify and promote emerging technologies to enhance delivery of InterTradeIreland programmes/services.
- Work closely with the other InterTradeIreland teams to ensure effective and efficient delivery of services and sharing of information.
- A degree qualification or equivalent third level professional qualification.
- A minimum of 5 years senior management experience working in an economic or business development role in a public or commercial private sector organisation.
- Experience of leading the development and delivery of innovation or entrepreneurship/business growth strategy, initiatives or programmes in response to business needs, thus demonstrating a high level of commercial awareness and understanding of economic and business issues.
- A strong capacity for strategic thinking with proven experience developing strategy to successfully deliver the aims and objectives of an organisation at senior management level.
- A comprehensive understanding of SME’s and the wider economic issues affecting them.
If you are interested in this role and have the necessary skills and experience, then please send your CV using the appropriate method, or call the office on 028 9268 8818 for further information.