We are currently carrying out the Executive Search for our client InterTrade Ireland, a cross-border trade and development body. They wish to appoint a Director of Strategy to their senior leadership team. InterTrade Ireland aims to support businesses through innovation and trade initiatives to take advantage of opportunities within both North and South of the Border. Helping businesses to improve capability, drive competitiveness, growth and create more jobs.
- Lead the formulation of InterTradeIreland’s corporate strategy and development of key performance metrics, in line with North/South economic and policy objectives.
- Source and establish from data and policy insights a robust evidence base to inform InterTradeIreland’s corporate strategy and business supports.
- Develop and evolve InterTradeIreland’s research agenda to support the Body as a voice of authority on all cross border trade and economic co-operation matters and priority areas.
- Establish and develop strategic relationships and drive collaboration with key stakeholders including central and local government departments, the North South Ministerial Council, economic development agencies and trade and business representative organisations.
- Influence and collaborate with central and local government policy divisions and influence the development of new policy ideas, ensuring policy creates practical and implementable delivery proposals that will bring benefit and impact to both jurisdictions.
- Lead and direct the dissemination of knowledge across the organisation to inform decision making.
- Lead a team with responsibility for the formulation of the organisation’s communications strategy and corporate messaging.
- Management and utilisation of financial and staff resources to maximise outputs and ensure compliance with all financial controls and procedures.
- A degree qualification or equivalent third level professional qualification.
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience at a senior management level in an organisation of similar complexity and financial scale as InterTradeIreland with lead responsibility for the formulation and development of corporate strategy, policy engagement and delivery.
- Experience of policy development in areas of enterprise development and/or science and innovation working with others to input into policy.
- A strong capacity for strategic thinking with proven experience of translating external and internal insights in the development of a strategy to successfully deliver the aims and objectives of an organisation at senior management level.
- A comprehensive understanding of SME’s and the wider economic issues affecting them.
If you are interested in this role and have the necessary skills and experience, then please send your CV using the appropriate method, or call the office on 028 9268 8818 for further information.