Our client supplies its products into the food and non-food industries across UK and Ireland. It is seeking to appoint a supply chain manager to help manage the significant growth they have experienced.
- Design or implement supply chains that support business strategies adapted to changing market conditions, new business opportunities, or cost reduction strategies.
- Develop procedures for coordination of supply chain management with other functional areas, such as sales, marketing, finance, production, or quality assurance. Document physical supply chain processes, such as workflows, cycle times, position responsibilities, or system flows.
- Define performance metrics for measurement, comparison, or evaluation of supply chain factors, such as product cost or quality.
- Manage activities related to strategic or tactical purchasing, material requirements planning, controlling inventory, warehousing, or receiving.
- Optimise MRP system and business intelligence/analysis/ reporting.
- Effective proactive liaison with other departments, specifically sales and operations, to forecast, plan to meet, and to supply demand to relevant quality.
- Confer with supply chain planners to forecast demand and create supply plans that ensure availability of materials or products.
- Forecasting & Budgeting of Spend, including cost saving targets. Forecast material costs or develop standard cost lists.
- Design or implement plant warehousing strategies for production materials or finished products.
- 5 years Supply Chain Management experience with proven achievements, in an FMCG environment or other relevant manufacturing environment
- Relevant 3rd Level Qualification, or relevant professional qualification, or extensive experience
- Experience of using SAP / MRP system
- Experience of working in, or implementing a robust Supply & Operations Planning process
- Excellent excel skills
- Experience of Lean systems and methodologies will be a distinct advantage
If you are interested in this position, then please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or contact Lucas Executive Search for a confidential discussion or for an information pack on 028 9268 8818.